Geniprocess International is committed to undertaking sustainable procurement by adopting the key components of sustainability, namely, environmental quality, social justice, and economic prosperity. We abide by the fact that the products and services we obtain from external parties have both environmental and social impacts, and thus we are committed to addressing these through our procurement procedures. In that regard, our policy will be to acquire products and services that respond to the Customer's needs as well as deliver long term value for money, maximise economic and social benefits. All this is done in such a way that minimises damage to the environment and health.
Given the above and with the perspective of ensuring effective implementation of our policy, our objectives are as follows:
- Procure from ethical and legal parties.
- Include sustainability criteria when appointing the services of Sub-contractors.
- Influence Clients, Consultants and Designers when specifying materials to encourage the specification of materials with a recycled content, or materials that can be easily recycled at the end.
- Encourage the reuse of materials as a first priority in preference to the purchase of new materials
- Require that all members of the supply chain comply with relevant legal requirements according to industry guidelines and standards, and be able to demonstrate compliance.
- Use local suppliers and Sub-contractors where possible to minimize the environmental impact associated with transportation and to support the local economy.
- Promote awareness of this policy amongst stakeholders and supply chain, as we recognize the important role we have to play for the achievement of a more sustainable future. As such, we will implement this procurement policy as an element within our overall sustainability strategy.
- Collaborate on sustainable procurement opportunities and initiatives throughout the supply chain and through membership of trade associations, sharing best practice.